RIGHT-TO-KNOW LAW REQUEST POLICY
This written policy outlines the proper procedures for requesting records from Coolbaugh Township (Twp.) under Pennsylvania’s Right-to-Know Law, Act 3 of 2008. Questions regarding this policy should be directed to the Open Records Officer, Coolbaugh Township at (570) 894-8490.
1. Requests may be made in writing, by fax or e-mail. The request should identify or describe the records sought with sufficient specificity to enable Twp. to ascertain which records are being requested and shall include a name and address to which Twp. should address its response.
2. All requests in writing shall be sent to Twp. by mail or delivered in person during Twp.’s regular business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except holidays and official office closings to:
Open Records Officer
5520 Municipal Drive
Tobyhanna, PA 18466
If by facsimile, send to (570) 894-8413 or if by e-mail send to email@example.com.
3. If a written request for records is granted, the following fees will be charged to the request:
• 1 – 10 photocopies No charge
• 11+ photocopies $.25 per page
• PC Diskettes / CD’s $1.00 per diskette / CD
Records fitting into standard letter envelope – No charge
Other types of mailing – Actual cost
A “photocopy” is either a single-sided copy or one side of a double-sided copy of a standard 8.5” x 11” page. “Redaction” is the eradication of a portion of a document while retaining the remainder where the public record contains information subject to access as well as information not subject to access. The Twp. may require a requester to prepay an estimate of the fees listed, if the fees required to fulfill the request are expected to exceed $100. All costs must be paid by certified check or money order made payable to “Coolbaugh Township.”
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Office of Open Records
Commonwealth Keystone Building
400 North Street, Plaza Level
Harrisburg, PA 17120-0225
Terry Mutchler, Executive Director
Nathanael Byerly, Deputy Director
For the State’s Open Record Website - Click here
Contact information for Appeals
If a written request is denied or deemed denied, the requester may file an appeal in writing to Terry Mutchler, Executive Director, Office of Open Records, Commonwealth Keystone Building 400 North Street, Plaza Level Harrisburg, PA 17120-0225.
The appeal shall be filed within 15 business days of the mailing date of the township’s response or within 15 business days of a deemed denial. The appeal shall state the grounds upon which the requester asserts the records in a public record and shall address any grounds stated by the township for delaying or denying the request.